2012 $100 High Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program
The City of Davis is now offering residential customers up to $100 for replacing their old high flow toilets with an eligible 1.28 gallon per flush EPA WaterSense labeled high efficiency toilet. (limit 2 per residence)
Eligible customers who purchase and install a high efficiency toilet between 7/1/12 and 6/30/13 will receive a rebate credit of up to $100 per toilet (limit 2) on their utility bill
Program Goal: to reduce water consumption for residential customers.
Who is eligible:
- City of Davis water customer;
- Pre-1993 constructed home;
- Existing 3.5 gallon/flush or higher model;
- Classified as a single family or multi-family residential customer;
- Must replace old fixtures with eligible 1.28 gallon/flush model;
- Rebate amount = up to $100/unit (limit 2 per customer);
- Rebates to be issued as credits on the utility bill;
- Must not have participated in the toilet rebate program in the past;
- Multi-family property managers/owners, please contact Public Works prior to toilet purchase or filling application;
- Ability to complete retrofitting within program duration;
- Encourage local retailer purchasing of eligible product.
Effective dates 7/1/12-6/30/13
- Existing toilet(s) replaced must be older than 1993 (3.5 gallons/flush or more).
- New toilet(s) must be 1.28 gallons or less, with the U.S. EPA WaterSense® label.
- New qualifying toilets must be purchased between 7/1/12 and 6/30/13. The program is not for new construction and is not retroactive to previously purchased toilets.
- A copy of the dated store receipt must be submitted with the application
- All program participants are subject to and must agree to have a post-installation inspection.
- Toilets must be installed within City of Davis.
What are High-Efficiency Toilets?
High-Efficiency Toilets (HETs) use at least 20 percent less water than standard 1.6 gallon per flush (gpf) Ultra Low Flow Toilets. In other words, HETs use 1.28 gpf or less on average.
Basic types of HETs:
- Gravity flush Toilets – use the weight of water to create a siphon action that pulls water and waste from the bowl.
- Pressure-Assist Toilets – have a sealed vessel inside the tank and use air pressure to force a flush.
Download the Toilet Rebate Application Form.
Questions or assistance: Call City of Davis Public Works at (530) 757-5686.
High Priority: No